Monday, February 4, 2008

In The Register Editorials Today ...

At first I laughed at the ignorance of these comments. Then after that, I was saddened. Jorden probably represents the sentiments of most residents of Orange County.

Too bad Jorden hasn't had an Illegal Mexican Immigrant for a friend. He probably wouldn't feel this way if he'd ever had the joy of building a home for a Mexican family in one of the shanty towns of El Nino or San Bernardo just outside of Tijuana. I have. And I'm forever changed by the experience. If you'd ever seen how life is for less fortunate people you wouldn't be so ignorant. Maybe Jorden would like to come on the next Project Mexico trip in May 2008? Probably a long shot ... but then again if Jorden has his way and all the "Illegals" are gone he'll be cleaning his own toilet and paying $10 for a burrito.






Oh, and about the currently declining property values, I'm very sure "the illegals" had nothing to do with that. I think you can pin that one on "the legals" ... the greedy ones.

2 comments:

Jon Hall said...

I feel bad for people like Jorden. You and I have come up against more than a few with this same outlook, and like you, I suspect it's because they just don't know (personally) these people from the margins.This then is my great hope, that we can help pave the way down a different, more compassionate path.

"Command those who are rich in this present world not to be arrogant nor to put their hope in wealth, which is so uncertain, but to put their hope in God, who richly provides us everything for our enjoyment. Command them to do good, to be rich in good deeds, and to be generous and willing to share."

— the words of Paul, as found in 1 Timothy 6:17-18

Anonymous said...

Well I think the nice thing I "should" say is I will pray for Jorden. When I really wanna say..Bigot(oops did that come out, so sorry)