Thursday, May 15, 2008

I love this artist ...



I came across Seonna Hong's work recently, and I have to say I love her art and thought you might like to go take a peek at some of her other creations. This one is called "Self Defeating".

Hong says her paintings reflect her exploration of personal evolvement and how your environment such as family, friends, and society can shape one's existence. There's so much truth in that. I think we are shaped by our surroundings. Makes me think, what have I surrounded myself with and what am I becoming???? Something to ponder, I love it when art makes me think.

This one doesn't require much thinking to figure out, it's called "Happy Ending" ... the girls say this one is their favorite. Of course ... don't we all love happy endings?


2 comments:

Jon Hall said...

What have I surrounded myself with and what am I becoming?... oh man. What a question, especially in light of my recent days!

Sophia said...

Sorry to tweak you even more ... I've been on a tangent. This is what sleepless nights drive me to find at 2 am =)