Friday, July 25, 2008

Should I laugh? Or be scared? ...



This is the funniest and one of the scariest things I've ever read. It was published today on the Times online, UK version.

"He ventured forth to bring light to the world" by Gerard Baker.


Just for some reference for you. I have nothing personal against Obama. It's just hard to forget the brainwashing from my youth. My dad was a pentecostal preacher/evangelist, and in my home as a child I remember when my parents would read the paper and then turn to each other and say, yep! "Nixon is the antichrist" or then it would change to "Gorbachev is the antichrist". I grew up terrified that I'd end up with a "666" on my forehead ... I wonder what my parent's would be saying now if they were still around. Either way, I'm glad that I'm not so caught up in the whole "end times" drama of my youth.

I'm laughing about it for now. We'll see what happens come November.

2 comments:

Natasha said...

Ack- that is a bit much!

Sophia said...

Hi Natasha!

Which was a bit much? Baker's satire article or my flashback to my younger days? Either one, I'm glad you check in and comment =) S