Saturday, April 3, 2010

Follow Your Sign ...



I'm a big fan of Etsy. And on today's "Quit Your Day Job" feature is a story of overcoming hurdles. Colleen of loopyboopy makes these beautifully sad and amazing dolls and is a great example of someone who, with the help of Etsy and hard work, has turned a basket of metaphorical lemons into a sweet pitcher of lemonade. Colleen previously owned and operated a barber shop, but after a diagnosis of rheumatoid arthritis she found herself unable to continue with the position she had on her feet. Colleen took the circumstances as an opportunity to work out of her home by making and selling art dolls and fulfilling her artistic passion. She's once again bringing in the second income her family needs, says she wouldn't change a thing, and advises that her best marketing strategy is in being true to herself in what she creates. I just love inspirational stories like this and thought you'd like it too. Enjoy!

To read the whole story click here.

1 comment:

roye said...

I found this is an informative and interesting post for I think it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing Extra le lena na this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing ability has inspired me.Cheap Flights to Abuja
Flights to Abuja
Abuja Flights