Friday, May 28, 2010

Grand Opening Party TOMOROROW! ...


It's hard to believe it was just a little over a month ago that we heard that Citizen Video was closing it's doors and that we might have to move. But after careful consideration, I decided to take the plunge into retail shop ownership, so now it's my space - so weird, huh?

Colleen, Rebecca and I had already been selling our handmade wares in the Citizen Video shop by trading space for work hours and had already fallen in love with this little corner of South Park. We realize that there is a huge appreciation from our customers about how careful we are in handpicking the best resale clothing we can find and then hand-making our recycled/upcycled goods, so we are so glad that we are going to stay in the hood.

One big change is that since the space is so large, I've been able to add all the Handmade Revolution girls AND many other local designers, craftsmen and artists to the Make Good shop, so there are lots of fresh things coming into the shop right now. And we will be adding more daily, so it's good to check in often. Also for my friends afar we will be offering selected items for purchase online, more info on that coming soon.

Well I'm off to get some sleep (a luxury for me the last few weeks), we've all put in a lot of time getting the shop ready and it's so cool to see it's turned out great. And in case you've not been able to stop by yet, no worries. Even though we've been open a few weeks, our Grand Opening is tomorrow Saturday May 29th from 6-9 pm, maybe you can make it to the party. I've got some great tunes, tasty treats, awesome sangria and lots of handmade goodness!

Check out more details and to learn more about the shop at the new website; www.themakegood.com

So there you have it ... The start of something "good". So goodnight all. No overnight crafting this time, I've learned my lesson. I don't wear 2 hrs sleep very well :-)

3 comments:

Sharon G said...

AWESOME, Sophia!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to come down SOON and see it.

I am REALLY proud of you. You are incredible.

Jon and Jan Huckins said...

Hi Sophia! Hope the opening of the store went well, wish I could have been there. Can't wait to move down to Golden Hill with all of you guys. My jewelry line just got highlighted in our local newspaper:http://www.goodtimessantacruz.com/santa-cruz-blogs-commentary/obsessive-beauty/1315-august-mae-designs.html

Just thought I'd share....by the way this is Jan Huckins
Talk soon!

Sophia said...

Sharon, I can't wait for you to visit. Thanks for all your encouragement mi amiga ;-)

Jannie - The G.O. Party was so much fun!!! We'll have many more parties in our future, so I'll catch you at the next one. Oh my, I read your newspaper article, that's so cool! Your work is beautiful!!!