Thursday, April 23, 2009

Blessed are the poor ...



I was thinking today about the U.S. economic meltdown and how most people are coping. I wondered ... What does God see? What does He think about all our complaining about the loss of equity in our homes, the loss of earnings on our 401K & profit sharing plans, salary pay cuts and even cutting back on what we spending. Are you wondering???

I think that even now, in the midst of "the crisis", that God is calling us to go out to those in even greater need and to love them with the love of Jesus, who ate with tax collectors, befriended prostitutes, embraced the leper and cared passionately for the poor and marginalized.

So I wonder ... Do we still know who are we?

Ask the poor, they will tell you who the Christians are. - Gandhi


Also, I came across this interesting, in your face video about the excess of our mainstream American society. I mostly like the artistry and music in it, but still consider it somewhat thought provoking.

WARNING: Some of these pictures are not appropriate for kids

2 comments:

Dana said...

Thanks for sharing that with me today...just what I needed to put my troubles into perspective.

Sophia said...

Hi Dana! Thanks for the feedback. I sometimes wonder if I make any sense. Thanks for letting me know that this post was encouraging for you.