Monday, October 19, 2009

Love Someone ...

This is a pretty cool beat box video by Dub FX performing "Love Someone" on the streets of Bristol, UK back in the fall of '08.

The whole song is created live using just his voice with a Roland Effects & loop pedal. The main song starts in at about 2 minute mark but if you watch it from the beginning you’ll see him gradually build the layers.

Here's some of my favorite lyrics in the song; ENJOY!



Partial Lyrics for "Love Someone" by Dub FX

“It’s possible to change this world
revolutionize the boys and girls ...

…creating a world for the open minded
a unique perception a truth decided
I know we can find it
its a matter of where and when we collectively decide it

the world is not a vicious place
its just the way we’ve been raised
discovering time and space
I know we that could make a change
rearrange the way that we appreciate the world today…

… we’re here, we don’t come equipped with it all
half the fun is learning, I’m having a ball

the world keeps turning
my road is small but I make a change
I hope you’re feeling the same way
I’ll be sayin’ what I say”

It’s possible to love someone
And not treat them in the way that you want

*** IF you are watching this via Facebook, click here to watch the video on my blog ***

No comments: