Sunday, November 29, 2009

Yikes! Almost 30 days ...




I can't believe how many days have passed since I've lasted blogged. Life's been a little busy, but it's been full of great things and time spent with family and friends. One of the things that has kept me busy is partnering with a local business, Citizen Video in South Park. Citizen Video carries an amazing selection of foreign & independent films and is NOT your typical video shop. So when the opportunity came up to join forces, Rebecca, Colleen & I (we were already friends and members in The Handmade Revolution) were totally ready to give the retail world a shot. We've now have about 50% of the floorspace to sell our handmade jewelery, accessories and gently used clothing. Part of the arrangement requires us to each work in the Citizen shop 9 hours a week, and so far I'm learning a lot about movies and making quite a few friends in the neighborhood. Here's a picture of me with the girls on our opening night on November 1st, it was on Dia De Los Muertos so we totally went with the theme, it was a really fun night!



The other things that have happened since we launched the shop, were that The Handmade Revolution participated in a fundraiser at McKinley School, and now this weekend on Saturday night we'll be working during the South Park Walk-A-Bout, a huge neighborhood event where the local shops serve drinks, snacks and have great sales, if you are in the area you might want to check it out. Additionally, my home is open to the public for our Second Annual Handmade Revolution Holiday Trunk Show. It's on Sunday Dec 6th from 11am to 5 pm, hope you can stop by and see all the unique handmade items made right here in our little corner of SD.

So, that's me this past month. Hopefully, I'll have more time to check in but if I don't, now you'll know why. Happy almost December!

No comments: