Friday, July 17, 2009

Suzie's Farm Veggies ...




A few weeks ago we joined a local CSA and did a trial run with a $7 week commitment. After the trial ended we had to decide if we wanted to go for the bigger commitment of $25 week on the bi-monthly package. I'm so glad we did! We are getting a wider variety of organic locally grown produce and our family will be getting their greens and if I went to my local supermarket this stuff would cost over $40 (at least, and for sure it wouldn't be organic). So if you are in the San Diego area, you might want to check it out here.

Here's what we got this week;

Spring Mix
Mesclun Mix
Basil
Mint
Tomatillos
Anaheim Chiles
Beets
Baby Fennel
Micro Cilantro
Chard
Summer Squash Assortment
Cucumbers
Radish Bites

Well now I've got to go figure out what I can make with Mint ... it's so hot today, all that comes to mind is a Mojito =)

No comments: