Saturday, July 11, 2009

What I've been up to ...




This image is pretty interesting to me, it was designed as a part of a contest in 2004 to forecast where we might be in 10 years with social media capital. For me, it seems to perfectly sum up our fascination and use of various types of social currencies that are becoming a way of life for most of us. In this tongue-and-cheek view of our future world, it seems easy to imagine that the statement of our future wealth might include accounting of our social capital by measuring what contributions you've made to places like Wikipedia or Flickr. Seriously, I think it could happen.

Ever since my last post was a couple of weeks ago, which was only a video because I was too busy with other stuff, I was thinking "oh, well" I've been busy with my "real" life and don't have time for updating my "virtual" life. I don't know about you, but sometimes I feel like it's too hard to keep up with Facebook, my blog and all the other online places I contribute to ... but now I'm thinking maybe I should just try and stay on-board, instead of possibly missing the "virtual" boat.

One last thing, I came across this funny video that you might enjoy ... "What Would Twittering Look Like in Real Life";




***if you are viewing this thru facebook, you'll need to go to my blog at www.sophiacarolina.blogspot.com to watch the video***

No comments: