Friday, September 11, 2009

Another movie on my must see list ...

Right off the top, I have to say I love the 60's setting and the soundtrack! It's received rave reviews at Sundance and now it's at the Toronto International Film Festival and continuing to create quite a buzz.

One reviewer said;

The story is adapted from Lynn Barber’s memoirs by British novelist Nick Hornby. Jenny is a top A-level student who has hopes of attending university at Oxford in the early 1960’s, but she meets a charismatic older man (Peter Sarsgaard) who offers an exciting alternative of seeing and experiencing life. An Education is a beautiful film about the loss of innocence. It’s extremely smart, sharply written, and almost feels like a of the classic films from the 1960’s.

I'm definitely going to just have to watch it for myself and see if I agree. Chances are it will be worth checking out!

No comments: