Monday, August 13, 2007

Bunny & Shelby



Natalie loves to craft. Here's a picture of a new bear she made last night. His name is Shelby, he's got movable arms and legs and she made him a crochet scarf to match his blue eyes (she learned how to make him from a book we got at the rummage sale on Saturday) AND check out this crochet bunny she made this morning, it's a Japanese art form using crochet and/or knitting called Amigurumi - she's figured it out from seeing the pictures on the web.

I'm so envious, I can't even fold a map. She sees things in 3D and can figure out how to make them from just looking at a picture. I'm sure that gene came from Daddy, lucky girl =)

4 comments:

Terri Hall said...

Wow! This is amazing stuff! I am humbled. You DO know that her Dad holds (I believe) the World's Record for the longest single crochet stitch row. (I have photos to prove it!) Not only did Nat inherit his conceptual jeans, I mean, genes, she also has his talent for crocheting. Are Bunny and Shelby for sale?

Sophia said...

Natalie says she can make another bunny or teddy for you. She can't give "Bunny" & "Shelby" up, since she already named them. BUT, she said she has white, pink and mint green yarn available to make you another bunny. She has orange, teal and brown corduroy available to make you your very own bear. They are $10 each. Would you like her to make you a custom friend?

Jon Hall said...

Yeah... at 8 yrs old I could crochet a straight line, that was about it. I saw her pick that book up on making teddy bears on Saturday, then read it through that afternoon. She's already made 2 bears. Wow.

pink willow designs said...

Natalie rocks - I am in awe of her talent. 3D is where my talent for crochet ends.

My sister and I spent an entire summer one year crocheting a chain, using my mother's yarn. It ended up long enough to wrap around our apartment building - 30 units, we were so proud ;)

I would like to order a teddy, if I may!