Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Real Beauty ...




I am very aware of the role the media plays in how we as women view ourselves. And since I am raising three young girls, I want to be "real" all the time, at least that's what I strive for. Hopefully I'm passing down that freedom to my girls.

I recently shared this awesome Dove video with my girls. They all came away with the main point very clearly ... you can't always believe what you see.

And while we're on the subject; here's some of my favorite quotes about beauty;

You don't love a woman because she is beautiful, she is beautiful because you love her. ~Author Unknown

That which is striking and beautiful is not always good, but that which is good is always beautiful. ~Ninon de L'Enclos

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

1 comment:

Sharon G said...

I have been meaning to tell you, you come to my mind quite often. The reason...when I look at you I see beauty (no this is not some wierd chick thing). So I just wanted to let you know that YOU have it. I am sure your girls will be able to follow your example!