Sunday, September 16, 2007

Teddy finds a home!



While at a thrift store, my daughter found this wonderful little scrap of vintage crewel embroidery of a sweet little bear. She asked me if I could make something for her with it, this is what I came up with.

It's a dress; the denim for the top came from my jeans that I cut to make shorts. The buttons are from a jar I bought at an estate sale recently (circa 1940's), the crochet trim from my favorite ribbon shop in downtown LA and the fabric from the the Flea Market line.

I so love these colors together, too bad I used the last of my scraps to make the dress. I made a bunch of new stuff this past weekend. I'll post pics the next time I get to come up for air, I have a very busy week ahead ... but hey who doesn't.

Hope you all get a chance to slow down this week and take time to do what you love =)

No comments: