Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thrift Store Art ...


A few days ago I scored a huge collection of original watercolors and pastels in a portfolio I bought at the Salvation Army. I'm assuming that it belonged to a college student who decided not to become a starving artist. Most of the art was "OK" but not really my "cup-o-tea" so I decided to embellish it with some of my very kitchy collection of vintage children's book illustration art. To experiment I took one of the landscape scenes and added my two cents ... I'm quite pleased with the result. Natalie was at first appalled that I would deface someone's art, but now that it's finished she's thinking that I improved it. If you want to buy some of the originals and save them from my gluestick, send me an email and you can buy a 15" x 11" original and unadulterated version for $15 shipped. Otherwise, once I add my spin they are going into my Etsy shop for $24 shipped. Thanks for stopping by today and visiting with Heidi and her forest friends =)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heidi sure has cute chubby legs. My legs are chubby, wish they were as cute :)
-Stef