Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thrifted Cashmere ...



I have a soft spot for old cashmere sweaters. I often find these gems in my local thrift store hangouts. I love them for their comfy-fuzzy goodness.

So when find them for cheap (when they are new they usually sell for over $75), I take them home and add my own twist to them and sell them with a new lease on life. Sometimes they remain as a sweater, but I've also started turning them into purses and slouchy hobo bags. I've been selling on Etsy for a while now, but I recently sub-leased some retail space at the amazing Citizen Video store in South Park and have been selling a variety of clothing, accessory and stationary items.

I just added these new goodies to my retail space yesterday. I just thought you might enjoying seeing what I made this week.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely creative and adorable; what an artist you are, who knew. God gives creative/inventive ability: you found your niche amongst the stiches and radiant colors of threads, beautiful trims of beads, satin and lace. Nice job, Gloria

Anonymous said...

LOVE,LOVE ,LOVE THE PURPLE SWEATER AND THE GREEN TEE !
BEAUTFUL WORK AND GREAT LOOK !
LIZ

Sophia said...

Thanks Gloria & Liz =) I'm kind of addicted to the Blythe doll images. I had one of these dolls in the 70's, and I'm sad she's gone and/or lost - I don't know what became of her. Emily and Natalie own the replicas that come from Japan, they saved their own money to buy them. I unfortunately can't buy one ... too pricey for my budget LOL!

Google "Blythe Dolls" and you can see how many addicts there are =)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!you have a lot of imagination and creativity!!